Ministerial Responsibilities within the Treasury Portfolio
Assists the Treasurer in the development, implementation and administration of policies in the following areas:
- Design of taxation law as delegated by the Treasurer.
- Administration of taxation laws and administrative matters relating to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Taxation proposals in relation to compliance.
- Dealing with individual cases other than major and/or sensitive cases.
- Oversight of the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB).
Competition and Consumer Policy
- Administration of Australia Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
- Responsibility for implementation and administration of competition and consumer policy.
- Consultative arrangements with industry and the states.
- Representational duties, correspondence and administrative matters in general portfolio matters as referred by the Treasurer.
- The Board of Taxation.
- Productivity Commission (PC).